Drones are being used by a large number of mining industries for some time now, replacing humans in hazardous mining- related tasks- inaccessible inspection spots for example. Now, automated drone start-up, Airobotics, has unveiled a highly “drone-stabilised” payload for inspection and security applications at ADS’ 2019 Warrior Expo East, in Virginia, USA.
The company said its payload named Trion is Airobotics’ first in-house developed and manufactured sensor for the market – available both with and independent of – it’s leading automated drone hardware and data insights platform.
Listing Trion’s features Airobotics said: “Trion pushes the limits on existing and competing capabilities of stabilised payloads available today. Designed for superior performance, Trion carries a unique set of advanced capabilities for object identification, real-time tracking and comprehensive data harvesting.”
- Weighs less than 1.2 kg has small dimensions and is a “high-definition, electro-optical and infrared gyro-stabilised payload.”
- The payload provides day-and-night observation, surveillance, and targeting capabilities at long ranges and in adverse conditions.
- Integrated with Airobotics data insights platform, additional features include tag and tracking of security incidents, allowing for real-time insights to fuel informed decision making.
- Offers a high-resolution HD day camera with powerful continuous optical zoom and continuous 360° panoramic capabilities.
- Can be seamlessly integrated into Airobotics’ automated drone platform, or other UAS, vehicles, platforms and ground applications, enabling increased flexibility for data collection, detection and analysis to obtain valuable insights.
The company also added that: Airobotics has signed an agreement with ADS, a leading operational equipment and logistics provider serving US Military, Federal agencies, international and coalition partners, and defence industry partners.
Trion Ryan Angold, ADS’ Vice President of Markets, said: “We believe that our partnership with Airobotics will greatly enhance the customer experience and provide a market-leading solution for critical security and inspection applications.”
Ran Krauss, CEO and Co-Founder at Airobotics, said: “We are pleased to offer Airobotics’ powerful and highly stabilised Trion payload to the broader market that will grant professionals with the ability to capture more accurate data for fast decision-making in the most demanding circumstances.”
Airobotics has achieved a number of milestones across the business, including integration of LiDAR into its Automated Drone Platform, obtaining CASA approval for Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) Drone Flights from remote operations centres in Australia and making advancements of aviation regulation with a US FAA BVLOS waiver.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?